Tuesday 3 May 2011

The Word

Day two of chemo continues with lots of energy and few side effects. Praise God for two great days, we are so thankful.  Mike spent a bit of time today puttering in his shop, which is always life-giving for him. The kids, my mom, and I  headed out in the sunshine to walk, bike and dig in the dirt which is always life-giving for me.  We had time to play together and laugh.

                                                                 


                                          
I can't even put into words how much I appreciate the days that Mike has his usual spunk and energy. He is positive and continues to put one foot in front of the other as he fights cancer. Ultimately he trusts God more than the treatment and he focuses on God's plan for us. This has been the biggest test of our faith but we know God's strength will carry us each step of the way. Thank you all for praying.

Every day waves of fear and doubt will come and go at moments throughout the day. Sometimes it is just a fleeting butterfly in my stomach; other times it feel more like a heavy cloak. I was drawn tonight to this passage in Joshua about strength and courage. When the waves of fear and doubt hit me I find comfort, peace and strength in the Bible. God's words to me dissipate the anxiety and weight of this trial.  I am so thankful for God's powerful Word.

"No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.  Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.  Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1: 5-9

4 comments:

  1. M & J,

    Glad to hear it is going well. Just yesterday I was giving thought to that passage in Joshua and was planning to post it to you. Coincidence? I think not. Mike, good to hear you are back in your shop. Love and pray for you daily.

    Dad and Mom Roth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great passage to hold on to. Keep on enjoying the good days!
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. That verse in Joshua has really guided me a lot to. Thank you Jana for your blog. It really helps to pray for you guys. God is so good, and I pray His will for you all.

    Shellie's R's sister-in-law, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen.

    Kim & Dennis

    ReplyDelete